Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Carving Party

I have only the fondest memories of carving pumpkins for Halloween as a child, so Jeanna and I figured what better way to celebrate the month of October than with a pumpkin carving party. We invited all our most fabulous lady friends over to our house for some cocktails and carving. We spread some newspaper over our hardwood floors, spread out the tools, poured ourselves some witches brew and went to town.

I just have to say – carving pumpkins as an adult is much harder! I don’t ever remember it being that tedious. Probably because this year I chose a fantastic pattern with a bat and the word “PARTY” on it. As a kid I just did the whole triangles for eyes and a crooked mouth thing. In any event, it was fabulous having all the girls over. I’m loving that our apartment is full of super spooky Halloween decorations, and now that Jeanna and I have our “Party Creepy” pumpkins sitting in our window, our place is appropriately decked out for Halloween.

0 comments: