Saturday, October 27, 2007

Damon's Birthday Party - Truly Outrageous!

Always a big fan of a costume party, I was happy to receive an invite to my friend Damon’s 30th birthday surprise party, hosted by his girlfriend, Jen. Since his birthday falls so close to Halloween, a costume party was the obvious choice, and an ’80s theme made it that much more radical – a flashback to everyone’s favorite decade!

Appropriately, Jeanna’s costume this year is Jem from Jem and the Holograms, a truly outrageous ’80s cartoon. As for me, I didn’t think my pirate costume would be quite appropriate – but luckily, I had attended an ’80s booze cruise with Stewart just a few months before and had an awesome outfit prepared, complete with hot pink stretch pants and an oversized t-shirt with a punk rock chick on it. Bright, oversized jewelry and blue eye shadow completed the look.

At the party, Jeanna was joined by here posse Larisa and Vanessa, a.k.a. “The Misfits.” We also ran into our friend Abe, who had cleverly dressed up as an 80-year-old man. “Get it? I’m eighty!” We spent most of the evening going back and forth between the keg and the ’80s dance party in the living room. And even though I love my pirate costume, it felt pretty awesome to spend an entire evening in what basically constitutes as pajamas. I forgot how comfortable those stretch pants were!

0 comments: