Monday, December 31, 2007

A Farewell to 2007

This year I was thrilled to spend New Year’s Eve with Stewart. For some reason, having someone to kiss at midnight is such a great feeling – especially when you really care a lot about that person. So even though I wasn’t going to spend the evening partying with my fabulous friends, I was excited for a night on the town with my boyfriend.

Since quite a few of Stewart’s friends were back in town from around the country, they all decided to get together and rent out the balcony of a Capitol Hill night club. We all met up at a downtown hotel for drinks beforehand. I hadn't spent a lot of time with these particular friends of Stewart, but it didn't take long to realize that they were really great people and that we were going to have a fantastic night! After quite a few prefunkage drinks, we headed to the bar already just a little bit tipsy.

The reserved balcony was really cool – not too crowded and it overlooked the main bar and dance floor below. We had our own waitress and didn’t have to wait in line for drinks, which was nice. Stew and I ended up drinking quite a bit, and to be honest our midnight kiss is just a little bit hazy – but even though I don’t remember the details, I can assure you it was amazing.

We danced the night away for a while longer before heading home. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Seattle it is the fact that the chances of getting a cab on any major holiday are slim to none. On New Year’s Eve, it is virtually impossible. Always the optimist, Stewart was sure we would be able to hail a taxi. Two street dogs later, we were still standing on the side of the road. Finally, we had to give it up for a lost cause and succumb to a little urban hiking. 3.52 miles later (according to MapQuest) we arrived home and fell into bed.

I must say I wasn’t sad in the least bit to say goodbye to 2007. I think this coming year has great things in store for me! We shall see…

0 comments: