Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jeanna...

As each year passes, Jeanna seems to outdo herself with a fabulously themed birthday party. This year, she asked all her friends to come and celebrate her birthday in their swankiest, sparkliest, shiniest cocktail attire at Solo, a small, intimate new bar in lower Queen Anne on Roy Street. She had the majority of the bar reserved for the festivities, and provided hors d’oeuvres trays for the party-goers. So after a day of snowboarding, I dragged my sore self into the shower and mentally prepared myself for a night of partying and celebrating Jeanna’s fabulous life!

I had never been to Solo before, and was very impressed when I walked in. The bar is pretty swanky but still has a casual feel, and there were couches and chairs around coffee tables that made it easy to sit and gossip with friends. There were also tall bistro tables that of course Jeanna decorated in red, the party’s theme color. (Did you really think she wouldn’t have a theme, complete with decorations that matched her sparkly red outfit?)

Once I arrived (already a glass of wine deep) I checked out the drink menu and decided to order a “Ruby Red Cosmopolitan.” Yum. I basically then spent the rest of the evening socializing and going back and forth from the bar to order more of those fabulously yummy, slightly sweet, slightly sour drinks. I lost count, but I think I had about six or seven of them. By the end of the night I was feeling more than a little drunk, but continued to socialize with Jeanna’s many guests and even her parents (sheesh, I hope I didn’t say anything too embarrassing)!

The last ones standing, Jeanna, Mike and I finally decided to head home. We packed up Jeanna’s many gifts and decorations and as a birthday treat Mike paid $20 for a five block cab ride home. Of course I tagged along.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNA – You are one of my best friends and the most fabulous person I have ever met! I can only hope the next year of your life is just as amazing as the last. Cheers!

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

heyo! thanks yo! you're the greatest too!
that was my best birthday yet.