Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Bunny

Snowboarding this season has so far been everything I dreamed it would be and more. I went to Alpental with Stewart, his friend Drew, and Drew’s girlfriend Laura for my first time up. Luckily Laura and I are pretty much on the same skill level, so we were able to spend the day together practicing on the green runs, and even went on a couple blue ones toward the end of the day. The boys came down from the black diamonds every once in a while.

A couple weeks later I met my friend Christi at Sonqualmie’s Summit Central, where Stewart was working Ski Patrol for the day. Christi dropped her son off at ski school and we were free to spend the rest of the day boarding. Once again we were at about the same level and so after a warm up on the green runs we headed over to the Central Express chair. We spent the rest of the day going up and down the blue runs and I was really starting to get my toe side down.

Then this past weekend I headed up to Steven’s Pass with my friends Tara, Winston, Carolina and Jeanna. Since Carolina had never gone snowboarding before she spent the majority of the day in a private lesson while the rest of us hit the slopes. I’m still working on my toe side and in all honesty I think the only problem is I’m too hesitant. If I could just suck it up I think I could get it down.

I’m hoping to continue to go up snowboarding at every opportunity, and I’m really looking forward to our three-day trip to White Pass next month. Hopefully by then I will be doing backflips over Stewart.

0 comments: