Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome to Spring!

Stewart and I never even got a chance to put on our bathing suits in Las Vegas, but we ironically came back to gorgeous weather this weekend in Seattle. Just our luck. Regardless, the forecast of temperatures reaching the mid-80s on Saturday was as good a reason as any for Stew's good friend Brett to open boating season. How ridiculously exciting! I think the only reason I made it through another winter in rain-soaked Seattle is because I took up snowboarding this year. Otherwise you might have found me in another one of my, "I think I'm just going to up and move to Waikiki for a while..." phases.

I am extremely lucky that some of my good friends like expensive toys. I can't really explain how much being out on a boat in the sun enhances my mood and life, but I'm pretty sure it's better than most drugs. We headed out on American Lake in the early morning and although the water was FREEZING (warranting a super-rad 1980's style dry suit), that didn't stop the boys from breaking out the wake boards and surf boards. I was content to sit in the boat and bask in the glorious sunshine. If this is any indication of how my spring and summer are going to be, I think I just might have fallen back in love with Seattle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cute picture of you and Stew. Looks like a great time with beer in hand!--Jenny

ADeskJockey said...

Cute pictures!

Speaking of pictures, if you have any from the wedding... send them to us. We are trying to compile what we have. ;)

Love you!
Shan

So@24 said...

That's preeeeeeeetty good.

But no Lake Washington. ;)