Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Um… A Little Creepy.

The time has come for me to say it. It’s just getting a little too weird and creepy. As most bloggers do, I check my statistics fairly frequently. And for months now, without fail, every time I check out my stats, someone from an unknown IP address is repeatedly, sometimes a dozen times in a day, checking out my May and June 2007 archives. Most frequently, the viewer clicks on images of me at Cailin and Clint’s wedding. Please tell me… what the heck is so darn entertaining about this time in my life?

What should I make of this situation? Should I be flattered? Should I expect to one day soon stumble across my face photoshopped onto someone else’s nude body? I just don’t know what to think. Advice, loyal readers? Anyone want to fess up?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's weird......I guess there's no harm in looking, as long as they can't trace your IP address and figure out where you are and or access records from your PC. That is very odd behavior on someone's part. When I used to blog all the time on MySpace, sometimes I would get 68 hits in a day and I only had 13 people subscribed to my blog....---jenny

JB Bonifacio said...

how do you check your stats on a blog?

also....stalkers suck ass....:(

Sarah Alway said...

Jen - my friend Vito mentioned "maybe someone's refresh button is just broken..." Let's hope that's the case. It's so strange to think about all the people who read your blog every day... But I guess that's the price I choose to pay for publishing my life on the internet.

JB - There are many different tools you can use to track your blog stats, I'll email you some options to check out... And don't try to lie - I know it's YOU stalking me! ;-)

ReadyToShelve said...

My advice is to stop checking your stats. Because the problem - you being attractive and people liking the sight of you - isn't going to go away.

Or you could change your profile photo into an eye, so people won't go crazy over how hot you are. Works for me. Zero stalkers.

Anonymous said...

omg that's scary, haha
i just clicked your link to the pics to see them so one stat will be from me. love ya
Brooke :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that could be my cousin. Remember, the one who slipped the garter all the way up your thigh before Clint saved your ass? He did think you were pretty cute ;)