Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cailin!

It seems to be becoming a habit for me to dedicate a blog to each of my friends as their birthdays come and go each year. However, sadly, I do not have the luxury of celebrating in person with all of my friends. So I dedicate this blog as an ode to Cailin on this, her 26th birthday!

I've chosen to plagiarize the text of a card she once gave me for MY birthday, because I think it says just about everything about this fabulously amazing woman...

For a Special Friend

In our lives, if we're lucky,

we'll have all kinds of friends.

And although we appreciate them all

for different reasons,

there are some we come to cherish.

You, without a doubt,

fall into this last category.

You are the friend
who never, ever bores me,
the friend I'm always glad to see

and who never lets me down.

You are that special friend

who knows I'm far from perfect

and accepts me anyway.

We've shared a lot, good and bad,

and you've proven

you can be counted on.


All those things and so many more

come together to make you

more than just an everyday friend.

You're a lifetime friend.


Happy Birthday!

0 comments: