Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jenny & Shannon's Wedding

I really don't think there is anything more amazing than when two people find love in each other. Cheesy, I know, but I really believe this is true. I also believe that there is no better reason to celebrate! So I was completely thrilled to spend my weekend traveling with Jeanna up to Vancouver, WA to celebrate the marriage of two of my good friends... Jenny & Shannon.
The thing I liked best about Jenny and Shannon's wedding was how "them" the whole weekend was. I love how casual and down to earth these ladies are with their lives, and the wedding completely reflected their style and taste. The entire extravaganza took place in the penthouse of the Rosellen Suites at Stanley Park. The hotel was completely charming and the penthouse suite (dog-friendly, of course!) had a wrap-around deck where the ceremony was held.
The ceremony itself was simple... 30 or so guests stood in attendance while dogs trotted around as Jenny and Shannon pledged their lives to each other. A friend played the guitar. I have to admit I shed a tear or two! Afterward the marriage license was singed (which I officially witnessed!)
Then, the party began! Jenny prepared a yummy feast of fish, chicken and salads with Trophy Cupcakes for dessert. Guests then got to spend the evening with cocktails from the open bar and good company.
I loved the simplicity and sincerity of the whole event. I am so happy that these two people found each other and I wish them the best in life and love.

CONGRATULATIONS!

0 comments: