Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Little Brother Graduates

I absolutely cannot believe it. My baby brother has graduated from high school. For some reason I just haven't allowed him to age in my head. To me, he will always be an adorable little seven-year-old. But it's funny. Every time I go home to my parents house he's a little bit taller... his voice is a little bit deeper... and I get the funny feeling that if he wanted to, he could beat me up. I don't understand how this happened!

In any case, I went down to my hometown of Olympia yesterday to spend the day with my family and attend Capital High School's graduation ceremony, which took place in the gym at Saint Martin's University, the exact same location where I graduated from high school seven... or is it eight?! years ago. My my, how the time does fly. I think this effectively renders me "old."

It was so fun to see my brother all dressed up in his graduation garb, joking around with his friends. It seems he is quite the nerdy cool kid!

Oh my, what a cutie!

The quintessential family graduation photo, complete with three generations.

Sisters with Little Brother...

And of course, Mom and Dad. Oh they are so proud, how cute!

The whole family. Love it.

One thing I learned at AJ's graduation... these things never change. The speeches might be slightly altered, the haircuts a little different, and the teachers a little older, but these things are MIND NUMBINGLY BORING. Even Little Brother agreed. But hey, it's a necessary rite of passage I suppose, and not an event I was willing to miss, even though it required me to take the day off work. Totally worth it to see AJ walk across the stage in his cap and gown. Oh I was so proud! *Tear*

And off he goes... In September he will join the Freshman ranks at Central Washington University, and who knows what the future holds for him.

Good luck, Captain Jack McCool!

0 comments: