Monday, March 13, 2006

Money Down the Toilet


OK OK, this is really embarassing, but I feel that since I put myself in this situation, my punishment should be to admit it to the rest of the world. Anyone who knows me knows I am RELIGIOUS about balancing my checkbook... but also that I am the biggest procrastinator of all time. But I still keep every single solitary receipt to log into my perfect check register whenever I get around to it... usually on particularly dull Monday afternoons at work.

This past Monday it had been almost two weeks since I had balanced, so I figured it was time. But why waste my time on such an annoying chore when I could, instead, be writing a blog about a fight with my best friend? The choice was obvious. I'm such an idiot... if only I would have logged on to WaMu.com on Monday, but sadly, I waited until Tuesday... only to see five red overdrafted amounts staring right back at me, causing my heart to drop. And all with the date of the day before. $27 dollars a piece, I thought, desperately trying to do the math... That's... $135 are you fucking kidding me!! My heart dropped as I thought of how much I could have bought at Forever 21 for that amount. Shit shit shit. I rushed to transfer the money from my savings account, crossed my fingers, and called the bank. Some bitch named Latisha or something promptly told me sorry, there was nothing she could do, but would I be interested in signing up for a credit card? Yeah, right. I asked to speak with a manager. "Jaqueline" was actually more helpful than I expected, offering to remove two of the overdraft charges. Math = $81 now lost. A little better, but still.

Do you think this is Karma for those 9-month old Sevens I exchanged at Nordstrom last week for a brand new pair? God I'm an idiot.

0 comments: