Saturday, June 30, 2007

Booze Cruise

I heard a rumor that the ‘80s are back in full effect in Los Angeles, and I sincerely hope that it’s true. Because last weekend I rocked hot pink stretch pants and loved every minute of it.

On Saturday I went with Stewart on a Nautical ‘80s Booze Cruise for his friends’ Amelia and Kyle’s birthdays. This means that Jeanna and I spent the entire day at the mall picking me out a fabulous outfit. I was torn having to choose between nautical and ‘80s gear, but after finding a completely rad oversized t-shirt with a punk rocker chick on it, my decision was made. Paired with the hot pink stretch pants, black high heels, bright blue eye shadow and layer after layer of jewelry, I was feeling pretty dead sexy. And COMFORTABLE! The outfit was like wearing pajamas out in public! And really, it wasn’t actually too hard to come up with an ensemble… multiple stores provided lots of different choices, which is what has me convinced that the ‘80s are in fact coming back – totally radical.
Stewart also went all out as Tom Selleck from Magnum, P.I. with a sick, fake, thick mustache and bushy wig. It was pretty funny, although I have to admit the mustache gave me a weird creepy “Chester the Molester” vibe – not the way you want to feel about the person you’re dating! We arrived at Fisherman’s Terminal and boarded the Christine W. around 8 p.m. I spent the next 30 minutes at the bar chatting with some of the girls. The boat made it’s way through the Ship Canal toward Lake Union as we sipped on cocktails. The view with the sunset background was absolutely gorgeous, and I was having a great time hanging out with Stewart’s friends.
As the evening wore on the rocking of the boat and the constant stream of vodka into my mouth began to take their toll. Games of flip cup, break dancing, and then a full blown ’80s dance party erupted. I couldn’t believe how much fun I was having with a group of people I barely knew. Thankfully, sometime toward the end of the night Stewart accidentally flushed his mustache down the toilet and immediately became 100% more attractive. As the boat docked at 11 p.m. everyone decided to migrate to the Fremont bar scene. Once we arrived I realized how completely trashed I actually was. Such was the case for most of the other ladies as well, most of whom had either puked and / or gone home to pass out. We decided to do the same.
I’ve decided I am a HUGE fan of the Booze Cruise – for only $30 it’s a great deal for three hours of drinking and partying out on the water. It makes me extremely sad about my winter birthday. But if anyone does have a summer birthday, speak up and I would be glad to host a Booze Cruise for you – ‘80s theme preferred.

Anyone on board?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's rad! I would love to see pictures of that!

Sarah Alway said...

Wow, you were super quick, I am just getting ready to upload them! Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Do you think October 15th is still considered summer? ;-) Better yet, Winston's 26th birthday is August 11th, which falls on a Saturday this year. Hmmm....the ideas are flowin...