Sunday, June 10, 2007

Celebrating Another Bride-To-Be

I spent the weekend in Portland for my sister Nichole’s bachelorette party. I can’t believe she’s already getting married, because less than five years ago she was stone-cold single, talking about how she was ready to meet “The One.” Soon after, she found him, and now she’s about to be married – and I will have my first Brother-in-Law!

My sister Erin and I headed South on Saturday morning. We stopped briefly at our parent’s house in Olympia for lunch and shopping before making the trek to Nichole’s house. After some serious self-talk: “Sarah, you are not still hung over after last night…” I was able to suck it up and drink some beer – which was quickly gone after several rounds of “I Never.” I am really beginning to hate that game.

After getting a sufficient buzz on, the 10 of us headed out on the town to an Irish pub nearby. The atmosphere was super cool. We sat at little round tables by a real fireplace and drank cocktails – A Fresh & Clean for me, please! Nichole, who normally doesn’t drink, was tipsy and giggly. I really don’t hang out with her often enough.
One of the girls had brought along what I have determined to be one of the best Bachelorette Party games out there: “That Guy.” At the beginning of the night, the cards are distributed equally to the ladies. Then the group hits the town and tries to find real-life guys who match the cards dealt. Each time you find a match, you turn in that card, and whoever gets rid of her cards first, wins! But the funniest part – the cards themselves. Here are a few examples of the guys we were on the prowl for:
  • Too Old To Be There Guy
  • Fake Tan Guy
  • Grind Guy
  • Bad Dancer Guy
  • Mullet Guy
  • Bouncer Guy
  • Came From Work Guy
  • Sports Jersey Guy
  • Tattoo Guy
  • Loves His Own Body Guy
Here are some of the people we actually found:

Tattoo Guy

"I'm With the Band" Guy
"Is that a guy or a girl?" Guy ... um ... Girl ... um ... Guy
Random Guy

Mullet Guy (I swear, he has one)
Blue Collar Guy
Those are way too big to be real Chick
The list goes on and on, it was endlessly entertaining. A few more cocktails and we were on the dance floor getting jiggy to a ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s rock cover band. Oh and PS, the lead singer was the winner of the “Mullet Guy” card. Classic.

I have to say I have become a big fan of the low-key Bachelorette Party. Both of the most recent ones I’ve attended have been small groups of friends going to a local venue to hang out and drink – and each time I had a blast.
But not to worry ladies, we will still be going to Las Vegas if I ever get married!

Countdown: One week until the wedding!!

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

your sister looks so much like your mom is that booby grabbing photo that it's totally creepy!!

ReadyToShelve said...

This post is exponentially funnier with photos. XD