Friday, August 17, 2007

She Dreams in Color, She Dreams in Red

Oh Lord Baby Eight Pound Jesus, please let it be true!!

My cousin called me the other night with great news – Pearl Jam is planning an unannounced, free concert tonight in Steinbrueck Park! Well, this according to my cousin’s friend, who apparently lives next door to Eddie Vedder’s baby mama, the source of the information. Of course this rumor alone, along with the fact that I know Pearl Jam is in town right now after returning from Chicago for Lollapalooza, was enough to convince me. However, further research has made the speculation even more promising.

The Pike Place Market Web site promises an “eclectic assemblage of some of the best-known and well respected musical talent to come out of Seattle in 20 years.” Special guests will include Mike McCready and “other surprises, guests and special happenings and SPECIAL PERFORMANCES BY LOCAL FAVES.”

Seattlest.com’s blog has also picked up on the rumor. They claim to have seen Stone Gossard’s name included in the bunch, and would have dismissed the idea as wishful thinking had they not seen this “chill-inducing phrase” come through their inbox:

“Fans of Pearl Jam might want to save the date.”

Are you kidding me?!? I will hang out at the park with the homeless people all night at this point in hopes of seeing Pearl Jam play! I’m still not over my disappointment that they are not playing at the Gorge this summer, and this could be my one chance to get a Pearl Jam fix… and hopefully make sweet, sweet love to Eddie Vedder. Obviously, I can’t find a better man.

If this concert actually happens it will make my summer. Please Baby Jesus, just give me this one thing and I promise, I won’t even complain about the rain anymore!

I’ll be at the park by 6:30, anyone want to tag along? Hopefully we won’t regret it…

8/20/07 Update: Stone + Mike - Eddie = NO PEARL JAM. Some people claim that just because Stone Gossard and Mike McCready played, Pearl Jam played. Let me take a moment to clarify that Eddie Vedder is Pearl Jam. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed, although the concert was mildly entertaining. Come on Eddie! Would it really have been so hard to make the trek over from West Seattle for the Market's 100th birthday? Apparently so, because he succeeded in disappointing many hopeful fans. So sad. No Pearl Jam fix for Sarah this summer, apparently. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it true or not?

Sarah Alway said...

It's up for debate. In my opinion, no. Stone Gossard and Mike McCready played, which I admit was entertaining, but Eddie Vedder IS Pearl Jam, and he did not show. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed that Eddie would stand me up!

Jeanna said...

boo! hiss!

Anonymous said...

I love pearl jam too! Too bad it was not the whole gang. At least it was free entertainment that was decent.