Friday, August 10, 2007

Superior Intelligence

I’ve never technically had my IQ (Intelligence Quotient) tested, but while surfing the net yesterday I managed to click on a link that led me to an online test claiming to be the most accurate on the web. So of course I took a few minutes to fill it out. I was super shocked by the results!

Apparently, my IQ score is 133. This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions I answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

My Intellectual Type is "Insightful Linguist." This apparently means that I am highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. These skills contribute to my creative and expressive mind. Interesting. I totally buy the “natural fluency of a writer” bit because I have always considered myself a “language person,” but I don’t know about this “creative and expressive” part. I did find it funny that they didn’t mention anything about my being strong in mathematics, seeing as I still can’t figure out the tip at a restaurant and do times tables on my fingers.

So you can understand how smart I am, here is the commonly accepted IQ scale:
As you can see, I have Superior Intelligence. I know this doesn’t come as a big surprise, but I thought I would take a moment to point this out. OK, enough of this narcissism. I was actually mildly surprised and impressed by my mental abilities. Most of the time I feel relatively average. But looking back on my test scores throughout elementary and high school I most often scored above the 90th percentile in everything except math, where I was consistently in the 70th percentile; still above average.

I found the questions on the IQ test to be relatively simple, but they must be tricky in some way if they are actually testing your intelligence quotient based on the answers. What do you think?

Test your own IQ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have taken this test before. I scored 135 which is still titled "Insightful Linguist". I consider myself more of a math/numbers person, though. There are a lot of fun tests on that site!!

Anonymous said...

I Got 106 but I suck at math bad and would rather speak well than crunch numbers.

ADeskJockey said...

Neat! I got a 124... not bad.