Wednesday, August 29, 2007

High School Reunion

I’ve had the spectacular good fortune this summer to spend some time with my high school friends. Since most of us live in different cities and / or states it’s hard to get together often enough, and virtually impossible to get all of us together at the same time.

However, Jamie and her daughter Taylor had a long visit in Washington during the month of July, and I threw a barbeque at my parent’s house in Olympia so we could all get together. I literally think this was the first time since we graduated that we had all hung out. I’ve hung out with Jamie, Shane (who I went to college with Freshman year) and Rachael (who lived with me for two years at Western) individually many times, but it’s probably been seven years since our whole crew was together. And I don’t think I’ve seen Melissa since high school! It was super fun to be together, reminisce and talk about our new lives.
Rachael also came up to Seattle recently to hang out, since she claims life in Olympia is about as exciting as Bingo night in a retirement home. It was so fun to have her around and of course she is the same fun, happy person as always. She even stuck around to go to the zoo with my family on Sunday, even though I was pretty miserable with a raging hangover.
I’m very lucky that I’ve been able to remain close with the people I’ve know since I was a little 12-year-old seventh grader – or in Rachael’s case, an off-balance first communion student. They’ve all turned into amazing people that I’m still so thankful to have in my life!

4 comments:

Jamielee said...

It was so wonderful to see all of you together. I had been years since I have seen some of the crew. Its good to realize we are all still friends in the mist of our ever changing lifes. Love ya all!

Rachael said...

I swear on my life I made my Schooldaze blog before I saw this one, I didn't copy you!! ok well they're not really the same but they have one of the same pictures. Anyways, yours is better...I want to come up again soon, I had fun!! Ok, and don't get mad but I accidentally just flagged your blog...i didn't mean too, I thought if I clicked on that it would make a link to your blog on my homepage or something...but after I clicked it a thing popped up that said "blog has been flagged for questionable content". I'm so sorry, i hope nothing happens because of that....well i think i've done enough damage for one day. Bye!!

Sarah Alway said...

Rach, you nerd! I can teach you how to put a link to other blogs on your page if you want... you have to put it in the HTML code.

Miss you ladies!

Anonymous said...

BLOG PLEASE!!