Saturday, July 11, 2009

And the winner is…

In case you haven’t already heard, I was recently given two blogger awards!

“Thank you! Oh, thank you! I can hardly believe it! I feel so honored! Even in my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined that this could ever happen to me. There are so many people to thank! Of course I want to thank the Academy, who looked deep within their Google readers before giving me this fantastic award! Also, I want to thank my friends and family, because without their constant drama and antics, this blog would not be nearly as entertaining. And finally, to all of the fans… it wouldn’t be possible without you! Thank you America, and good night!”

I was originally nominated for the Honest Scrap blog award back in April by MiSS RAmbLEs. This particular award is for discouraging plagiarism and promoting honest blogging. Unfortunately, I had the flu at the time, so I wasn’t able to comply with the rules that accompany the award: First, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Second, you have to tag ten people with the award.
In addition, this week I was nominated for the MeMe award by Chère. This award calls for seven things about me and then passing the award on to seven other bloggers. So I’ve decided to combine the two awards by sharing 7 fun facts about me and tagging 10 of my current fave bloggers.

I bet you didn’t know…

  • I have an unexplainable phobia of the telephone. I screen my personal calls and feel intense anxiety when the phone rings. Sometimes I don’t answer for any particular reason except I don’t feel like talking.
  • Even though I know I shouldn’t, I sleep in my makeup every single night. I still have pretty decent skin.
  • I am not an organ donor. The concept of organ donation makes my skin crawl. My loved ones have all been informed that if I am ever in a serious accident, I wish to adamantly refuse any organ or tissue donations, even if it could potentially save my life.
  • Every single day, I feel guilty about what I ate and how much exercise I got. I gained 40 pounds in college and haven’t felt good about my self image ever since.
  • I dislike children in general and am terrified that this won’t change when I have my own.
  • I can’t put down a book without finishing it, even if it’s horrible. I still have to force my way through it before starting the next one.
  • I am obsessed with “the end of the world” and think the possibility of the end coming in 2012 is very real. This makes me equally obsessed with analyzing my life and wondering if I am spending my “final days” in the right way…
    1. And in random order, the nominees are…
      PeterDeWolf
      Bayjb
      flipflops
      M.J.
      PerplxinTexan
      Amber (Girl with the red hair)
      The New Black
      Tudor City Girl
      Working Girl
      Seattle Swift

      (If you decide to do it, make sure you link back here so I can see what you wrote!)

      7 comments:

      Amber said...

      I'm not a big fan of children either and the whole 2012 thing freaks me out, too!

      Thanks for the awards :-)

      Bayjb said...

      Hey! Thank you for the award. Yay me!

      Mara said...

      Congrats to you and thanks for passing the award to me! The Honest Scrap award is my favorite...I'm all for promoting honesty and openness!

      I also screen my phone calls. If I don't know the number, I won't pick-up. I tell my friends and family to call twice if there's an emergency and they're calling from a number I don't recognize.

      Mara said...

      My honest scrap post is up. Stop by and check it out!

      Anonymous said...

      hahahaha talk abt months later!

      i hate talking on the phone. i always stare at the phone for ages before answering it.text me for heavens sake.

      and i like children as long as i cn return them to their owners!

      Sarah Alway said...

      Amber - Sounds like we are on the same page, nice!

      Bayjb - You are most welcome, definitely a deserved award!

      MJ - Sometimes I feel crazy because I am such a phone phobic, but I just can't help myself. I tell people the same thing... I screen my calls and people who I'd like to talk to should know that, so leave a message if you're calling from an unknown number! :-)

      Miss Rambles - I know, I know! I am such a procrastinator when it comes to these things!! And as for returning children to their owners: Agreed!

      Erin said...

      We need to start learning skillz like building sh*t, purifying water and hand to hand combat if we are ever going to survive 2012.