Friday, August 25, 2006

And then there were two...


Another one bites the dust. Yep, the time has finally come. After months of soul-searching, Tracy has finally decided to put in her two weeks notice at The Seattle Times. Needless to say, I’m torn in two – Devastated to be losing such a great work buddy, but so happy that my amazing friend has decided to take such positive steps forward in her life. So congratulations, Trizzle!

People at the Times have been quitting right and left since I first started here about a year and a half ago. That’s when Tracy and I first met; in Enterprise Training. And since both of us didn’t really know anyone our age at work, we decided to have lunch. We immediately invited Zoe to round out the trio, and the three of us have had lunch together practically every day since. Along with uncountable midday breaks/complaining sessions.

I’ve seen our little lunch group go through major changes during the past year. At one point a few months ago, our group contained about eight people, and a walk down to Moka’s Coffee Shop looked like a mini-parade. Sadly, most people from that group have chosen to seek employment elsewhere, and few of them have kept in touch. But Tracy, Zoe and I were always the solid core. But I was naïve to think it would last forever and sadly, the end of an era has finally come. Frankly, I feel a bit lost, sad and confused. We’ve already halfway lost Tracy due to her move to the Eastside, but this is the final blow. Ouch.

All that said, I’m really excited for Miss Tracy Sing! A gorgeous and talented rising star, she moved to Seattle to pursue her acting career, and that’s exactly what she’s going to do. Her new job will be as an independent sales consultant for a video production company, and the flexible schedule will allow her to go on countless auditions. I have a feeling once she lands a starring role in a big film she won’t need this new job anymore, either!

So now it’s down to just me and Zoe. I suppose this should be a sign to me that The Seattle Times Company isn’t exactly the best place to start your career, as most of the young, talented employees only stick around for a year or so, and then move on. Perhaps one of these days my time will come, too. But for now I am just sad my friend is leaving. Seeing her smiling face at lunch has made each day that much easier to bear. And her advice and constant supportive friendship have meant so much to me.

My only consolation is that we will now be forced to plan to get together more often, and not take for granted the time that we do spend together. And I think it’s safe to say that our future interactions are sure to include a lot more alcohol!

Good luck in taking this huge step forward in your life, Tracy-Poo! You will be wildly successful. And if you aren’t – well, I will cut you. *she gets it*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWEEE! My sweet Spoo girl. I can't believe that you dedicated an entire blog to lil o' me. The only thing that has kept me at my job this long has been my friendship with you and Zoe, and I will miss you guys sooooo much! I know I'll never work with such hot, cool chicks anywhere else again. There's no doubt that we will be hanging out still, and YES, with much more alcohol! I love you hoochies!!!