Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Captain Jack McCool

Just a little shout-out to my baby brother, who is pretty much hands-down the coolest guy I know. He's a rock star. His latest and greatest adventure in extreme sports (since the end of rugby season) is longboarding... although it looks like he may need some more practice.


Now tell me you don't want to date him. Hands off ladies, he's only 18!

In other news, last night I finally allowed my friend Steve to drag me to the movie 300. I have to say it wasn't that bad. For those of you who don't know, 300 is a retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. This then inspired Greece to unite and fight for democracy. I know... sounds super boring. But since Steve had already seen the movie six times, I decided that it might be worth a Tuesday evening.

There isn't a whole lot of character development (I didn't feel any sadness when one main character Spartan got his head sliced off - I actually felt worse about the horses being stabbed). However, I don't know how they did the casting for this movie, but I think it must have been something like, "Only gorgeous men weighing at least 200 pounds of pure muscle, zero percent body fat, and absolutely perfect abs need apply." So I basically spent two hours looking at hundreds of perfect specimens of the male body, all of whom were wearing what can only be described as a speedo. There is also a particularly hot sex scene near the beginning, so overall, I have to say that I was fairly entertained. Thanks Stinger.

SPARTA!

0 comments: