Monday, May 21, 2007

Case of the Mondays

My week really hasn’t started off very well. For one thing, life has been so crazy that I haven’t been able to do any of the things that I usually do do on weekends… laundry, pay bills, phone calls, grocery shopping, etc. This basically puts me in a constant state of stress during the week if I don't get them done. This morning when I finally got out of bed after pushing the snooze alarm about seven times, I immediately tripped over a pair of stiletto heels I never found the time to put away. After showering, I was forced to dig through a huge pile of dress pants that my cat conveniently dragged off the shelves in my closet and onto the floor for no apparent reason. Of course the ones I picked out are not cute, because all of my cute work clothes are in a pile on my floor, because my laundry basket is full. I hate starting out the week feeling ugly.

Jeanna and I only have one reserved parking spot behind our building, so we share – Jeanna the first part of the week, me the second half. This means that on Monday mornings I move my car from our parking spot onto the street. This morning was no different. I pulled out of our street and directly into a parallel spot on West Olympic, sighing with relief that it was a double-spot right in front of the bus stop, which meant that I would not have to parallel park, most likely causing me to miss the bus (again). I had just turned off my car and was about to get out when a large, construction-like truck drove past going the opposite direction. “Way to take the big parking space, BITCH!” the driver screamed. Um, ok. I’m sorry, did I do something wrong here, by parking in a wide open, completely legitimate parking space on a public Seattle street that no one else was waiting for? If so, someone please explain the rules to me. Apparently, the driver thought that I should have read his mind, anticipated that he would be needing a double-parking spot, and therefore driven another block down to find a different spot, missed the bus, and then walked five blocks down to catch the next one, causing me to be late for work (again). My bad. The irony of the situation: The asshole ended up parking his stupid truck in the space right behind me anyway. But my tires will most likely be slashed when I get home.

Since I did not have time to grocery shop this weekend and am back on Phase One, I had to resort to eating food I snagged from my parent’s fridge for lunch. Spring mix lettuce, tomatoes and cheese – boring, and now it’s only 3:30 p.m. and I’m starving and have nothing to eat for dinner. Oh, I think I might have some cottage cheese in the fridge at work, but it is most likely expired. I’m somewhat tempted to just give up and eat the leftover PF Chang’s food from Friday that is mocking me from in there. NO SARAH. THINK BIKINI THIS WEEKEND.

To top everything off, I’ve spent the entire afternoon preparing for a meeting that just got postponed until tomorrow. Hence why I had time to write this little rant. Somebody help me. I need a drink, pronto. Damn you, Phase One.

Happy Monday.

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

While I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, that "BITCH!" story cracks me up.
Fuckin truckers.