Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Becoming Mr. & Mrs.

I am pretty much vacation central lately. I can't remember the last time I spent a full weekend in Seattle. And as I stated in a previous blog, most of my "vacations" have been due to friends getting married. Some of these events have required a little more effort than others, and since the upcoming ceremony will take place at the opposite corner of the country and I am a bridesmaid, it requires probably the most energy of all.

So, in just a few short hours I leave for sunny Florida. I have to say I’m pretty excited about the mini vacation; not so excited to wear a black, floor-length, satin dress in the stifling heat. The day has finally arrived… Cailin and Clint’s wedding. It seems like just yesterday she called screaming that she was engaged, and now she is about to become someone’s “wife.” Super weird.

I’m actually pretty excited for the trip, which includes tons of fun events and activities, including:
  • A stay at the Marriott in the penthouse suite
  • Dinner in Altamonte Springs
  • A bachelor/ette party with rock star limo service
  • Manicure/pedicure & fancy hairdo
  • Wedding rehearsal
  • Rehearsal dinner
  • Cailin and Clint’s wedding and reception
  • A night out in downtown Orlando
I’m hoping to also fit in some poolside lounging time. The only thing I’m worried about is the forecast, which for the day of the wedding warns of a 50% chance of precipitation and thunderstorms. Yes, the wedding is outside.

I’ll be back on Monday with one less single girlfriend… Hasta!

2 comments:

Tara said...

yay for blog updates!!!

Humaun Kabir said...

Thanks for such a wonderful post.

Altamonte Limousine service