Sunday, March 23, 2008

Do the bunny hop... hop... hop...

I definitely wouldn't categorize it as my favorite holiday, but I do have lots of fun memories of celebrating Easter throughout the years. Most of them involve egg hunts and baskets full of candy, and definitely lots and lots of yummy food.

For my mom (a devout Catholic), Easter is one of the most cherished holidays of all time, and she never fails to go full out. That is, if you can consider four days of church (Easter vigil mass being four hours long!) a celebration. Although I do have some additional entertaining memories of sitting through that service while giggling hysterically with my siblings and cousins (and simultaneously getting the death glare from my mother).

In any case, my mom really outdid herself this year. In addition to a fantastic meal and Easter baskets all around, she chose to make... yes, a Bunny Cake. Sheesh. Actually, the whole thing was pretty clever.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

JB Bonifacio said...

That is quite a contrast to our friends easter party:

through trial and error (a bad idea as I'll soon tell u), we served hard alcohol along with the easter candy that best complemented said drink.

Suffice to say, I didn't last too long during that shindig (though now I know that Easter Twizzlers go well with ANY vodka. :) ) I was drunk on candy, hards, and....other stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's cute! Looks yummy too...

Anonymous said...

I've me Jeanna's parents when do we get to meet yours?=------Jenny