Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun!

On Sunday night Jeanna and I hosted a little girly get-together at our apartment: Pure Romance, the Sequel. I invited back the woman who had given a presentation for Tara’s bachelorette party a couple weeks ago, and 20 girls crowded into our living room to smell, lick and feel the latest and greatest on the market in the sex toys department. A few hours later, more than $700 in orders had been placed, and I will admit to purchasing a few trinkets for myself.

This time around, we decided that fondue would be the most appropriate food to pair with wine and sex toys. Jeanna’s friend Jana used to work at The Melting Pot and was kind enough to not only hook us up with fondue pots and chocolate, but also to stand in our teeny tiny kitchen and whip up pots o’ cheese and chocolate for the whole party. And I must say, it was beyond scrumptious.

I’ve come to the conclusion that hosting parties in one’s home is fantastically entertaining. Except for that whole process of cleaning your entire house from top to bottom, only to have it be trashed again a few hours later. Ah well… and least we’ve got lots of fondue leftovers so I won’t go hungry this week!

And I can’t wait for my package that’s going to arrive in the mail soon…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had a couple of home parties myself and it was just as you said, "fantastically entertaining"! http://racy.com is where I bought my party stuff at and the girls really enjoyed themselves. Some of them too much. If anyone ever has thought about a home party, you should just try one, it's a blast.

ACE

Jeanna said...

Who the eff is ACE?

Is that a fishing comment?

Sarah Alway said...

I think it's just someone who is trying to promote that other web site... they probably googled "Pure Romance" and my blog came up or something. Rude.

ReadyToShelve said...

How dare someone you don't already know try to communicate with you! Or read your blog!