Monday, March 17, 2008

I Don't Want To Come Back Down From This Cloud

After a hectic Monday morning full of meetings I arrived back at work… to find, to my absolute delight and astonishment, a box with a ribbon around it containing a dozen absolutely gorgeous long stemmed red roses. Even better, they were accompanied by an adorably cute note from my amazing boyfriend, who had remembered that a year ago today, he and I met. Basically I am on Cloud 9.

We had already gone out the day before to celebrate and I figured that was it, but leave it to Stewart to come up with an extra surprise. I am spoiled.

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since I spent that ridiculously fun, drunken Saint Patrick’s day with Stewart. Jeanna, Amanda and I had purchased tickets and planned on an all-day extravaganza at Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub in celebration of one of our favorite drinking holidays. Decked out in green apparel we started drinking at 11 a.m. and paced ourselves to ride it out until 2 a.m.
Jeanna went home in the afternoon to sleep it off for a while, but Amanda and I hung around the bar with some new friends we had made. To keep ourselves motivated, we played games. I think we played quarters for at least two hours, and I spent a lot of that time getting to know Stewart, who I already found super sexy and incredibly entertaining. Eventually, we roused the group into a ridiculously exciting flip cup tournament – one of my favorite memories of St. Paddy’s day ever.

I spent the rest of the day and night flirting shamelessly, and Stew and I decided that we definitely wanted to become “friends.” We even took our first picture together, even though I didn’t realize it until almost six months later, when my friend Crystal sent me this picture. Yep – that’s me in the background!
Since then it’s been the best roller coaster ride I’ve ever been on. I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store, because the past 365 days have been some of the very best of my life. I feel so very lucky to have such an amazing person in my life.

OH, AND HAPPY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY, EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

Yeah! Gold star for Stew!

"...getting to know Stewart, who I already found super sexy..."

I remember a different version of the story, but whatevs. ;) Tomato, tamato. Glad you're happy!

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you, congrats love.--jenny

ReadyToShelve said...

Happy Shmoopy Day, Sarah! I mean Sawah! shmoopy shmoopy shmooooopyyyyyy! :)