Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Free Money

If you ever have the chance to opt into a class action lawsuit, do it. I’ve received paperwork several times in my life offering the option to participate in these types of lawsuits. Usually I fill out the paperwork, mail it in, and forget about it. Then, months and months later, a check magically appears in the mail! Not for a lot of money, but still I feel like I got something for nothing. Very exciting stuff.

This weekend I received a check for $37.50 from the iPod nano Cases Settlement Fund. Apparently, when I purchased an iPod nano several years ago, the cases scratched easily. I never really noticed or was bothered by it, but hey, I’m not one to turn down free money if it’s offered!

What, oh what, will I do with all my extra spare change?! Let’s see, it is enough to…

  • Pay half of my cell phone bill for this month
  • Purchase seven used items from my Amazon.com Wish List
  • Buy myself lunch for an entire week
  • Go grocery shopping so I don’t have to buy myself lunch for an entire week
  • Get myself a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks every morning for two weeks
  • Go to happy hour twice (or maybe just once)
  • Buy some adorable wedge sandals
  • Make my favorite Real Change vendor think he died and went to heaven
Decisions, decisions.

What would you do with an extra $37.50?

4 comments:

Stevie said...

It's pretty awesome to get free money like that! And I love your list of things you could do with the cash, especially the Real Change one. I try and buy their paper whenever I can.

Sarah Alway said...

Stevie - Yay, I am a huge advocate of Real Change, I think it's such an amazing program! I buy it all the time from two regular vendors, one downtown by my office and another outside the Ballard Bartell Drugs. :-)

Anonymous said...

i here and there jsut gove a real change person $5 and say recycle the paper and they are usually thrilled with that. in the winter i sometimes give them hand warmers as they usually don't have gloves.
but i say HAPPY HOUR...just think how far it would go at the barnof's $2 wells happy hour which is from 12noon until 6pm...
happy drinking....JENNY

Rachael said...

I've never gotten the chance to be in a class-action law suit, I'm jealous! I do love those sandals, maybe I'll have to beat you to it and buy them for myself. :)

Oh, and that $37.50 can also go towards your Boot Camp!!