Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

My boyfriend and I actually had “Spring Cleaning” marked on our calendar this weekend. Yes, we planned it out in advance. Sometimes things like this really make me face reality… I am getting old.

Because I have to admit I feel super excited about what we accomplished. I know, I know, it’s super nerdy to feel such tremendous pride about two days of deep cleaning, but I really do feel awesome. All those little things that have been nagging me for months are finally taken care of. Windows washed, shower tile scrubbed, floors under large pieces of furniture mopped, blinds dusted, and the list goes on…

And to top off just how dorky I am, my main thrill of the weekend was finding these absolutely amazing wipes that make your stainless steel look just like new! I’ve been struggling to find a cleaner to use on our refrigerator, dishwasher, and other various appliances for months that will take off the fingerprints and watermarks without leaving streaks, and I finally found the perfect product. If anyone really wants to know the name of it I can look it up for you.

So now our condo is bright and shiny as a new penny, and my new goal is to keep it that way. We’ll have to see how long that lasts.

I was able to fit in a couple other slightly less domestic activities this weekend, too. I went to an old friend’s birthday party on Friday night at The Parlor in Bellevue. I’ve never been there before but it was a super cool venue! I really want to catch a comedy show there sometime. Saturday I met up with my former boss to work on some materials for a law school that has waitlisted me. She wrote me a killer supplemental recommendation letter that I hope will help my chances. We had a bite to eat at Duke’s on Lake Union and I forgot how much I love that place! On Sunday I had brunch with the girls at Hector’s in Kirkland. If you are ever there, please try the Hector’s Rancheros, it was absolutely dreamy. Then, once Stew and I finally put away the last bottle of Windex, we rounded out the weekend by having dinner with another old friend at Tawon Thai in Fremont. Yum.

So my weekend basically consisted of cleaning and eating. Not the most glamorous, but I still feel like I got a lot done.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Stevie said...

I was thinking about Dukes all weekend! I love it. My mum and I go to the Greenlake one during the summer, get some food, then walk around the lake. Heaven!

I spent Saturday down at Pike Place with the boyfriend and it was wonderful. The sun was shining and it was so beautiful.

Hectors has the BEST breakfast! Their happy hour nachos are pretty good, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

We did the whole deep cleaning thing over the weekend too. Well, we did about 90% of it. We got all the big stuff done, but then were so pooped out that we didn't really get all the little things straightened back up. Oh well!

The Parlor is great! We've only been to one comedy show there and it was just so-so...especially since we got the tickets for free. If we'd had to pay for them I'd be mad...but that was just one show.

Their grub is pretty good. We'll stop by there for an early dinner if we catch a movie.

Gosh, I LOVE Seattle bloggers! It's so nice to actually know the places that are being talked about! ☺

Rachael said...

Looks good!! Did you even vacuum the Kitty Condo???

Sarah Alway said...

Stevie - I used to go to the Green Lake Dukes all the time but somehow it fell off my radar. I don't know why, because that place is great! I think I somehow became unsubscribed from the mailing list, I should look into that, they used to send me all these two-for-one deals...

Hannah - Glad to hear I wasn't the only one "wasting" my whole weekend cleaning. :-) I agree... Seattle bloggers are awesome! I love reading about people and places I am already familiar with or that I can try out for myself!

Rachael - We sure did! Jazzy is happy. :-)