Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sex & the City: The Movie!

In the words of the most fabulous girl I know, regarding the most fabulous television show ever to grace my living room: "God, this is the best news since Jiffy Pop created marshmallow popcorn."

Yes, the news appears to be true -- The last one of the fab four is finally on board with the rest of the quartet to produce a full length film of Sex & the City. The movie option has been on-again off-again since the series finale in 2004. But now, according to Life & Style, the movie might be an actually possibility because "Kim Cattrall has taken a genuine interest in the project!"

Thank God! I know I, along with every other self-respecting woman in America, have been going through major withdrawls since the series ended, and have been barely getting through it by re-watching over and over again seasons one through six, which I own on DVD. But now I have something much more exciting to look forward to... because let's face it, there's nothing better than living vicariously thorough a television show when you feel like you have no hope of falling in love during your own boring existance. Hopefully the release of this film will give me the energy to turn my fabulousness up a notch.

So finally, it seems our favorite fab four are back together for a much-anticipated reunion on the big screen, and it's pretty much the best thing since sliced bread, to be incredibly cliche. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the release date, and when it finally arrives, you're welcome to join Jeanna and I at the theatre -- just bring a Cosmopolitan

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

I'm banking on you and I dressing up like the characters and sleeping outside the theatre in order to be first in line...
We'll just call it a Sex and the City version of the Star Wars geek-out, which honestly, I'm all too familiar with lately.

Anonymous said...

I saw this in my Entertainment Weekly! I'm sooo stoked! Rather than bringing light sabers to the premiere, I expect you girls to sneak in bottles of wine. I'll have a Cosmo hidden safely in my flask...

Anonymous said...

I'll have a giant gin and tonic in a my nalgene bottle! I love Sex in the City and am so down to see this!! Do you think you will need to camp out? If so I am in if it's a fri-sun! Have fun at your party tonight, glad to see the blogs again!

Anonymous said...

"Rocky Balboa," the sixth movie in Sylvester Stallone's boxing franchise, is coming out in December, and all you care about is THIS? Carrie and Samantha and Charlotte and MORANDA?! Where are your priorities, SarahBeth??

Steve