Thursday, November 02, 2006

Underdogs

The Lucky Strikes really rocked it this week! Bowling is my new all time favorite activity. At least for Wednesday nights, that is.

With RT and David replacing two of our male players from last season, this league has turned out to be pretty fantastic! I’ve actually gotten pretty good, and last night I bowled a 135, which I think is my top score ever! The guys are all really good bowlers as well, and our games last night actually managed to bump us up in the ranking, and we are tied for second place in the league – this means next week = Bowling Finals!

I can’t really explain to you why I find bowling so entertaining. Perhaps it’s the fact that we can place Dance, Dance Revolution every night while waiting for league play to begin. And the cheap, warm beers. And the awesome t-shirts Jeanna designed. And the non-strenuous athletic activity. And of course gossiping with Je and Vanessa. All while cheering on our teammates in unnecessarily loud screaming voices.

Since our bowling league starts so late this season (9 p.m.) I often get home from work, eat dinner and am almost asleep on the couch before I drag myself up and out the door to Ballard. I’ve been tempted to bail out a number of times, but have never done it. And good thing, too, because I always manage to have an absolutely great time at Sunset Bowl every Wednesday. I never end up pouring myself into bed until at least 1:30, but it’s all worth it.

Go Lucky Strikes!

11/9/06 Update: The finals didn't go as well as we'd hoped, but we still did ok. Second place, which in reality is first loser, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. Jeanna was out due to a spastic back problem, so Vaness and I had to carry the girls side of the team on our own. The first game went really well, which bumped us from the semi-finals into the finals. But as the last game began and we tried to compete for the win, we knew it was pretty much over from the start. I don't know if it was the pressure of the competition or what, but every single person on our team played his or her worst game ever! It was completely ironic, and we all finished up a little frustrated and annoyed. Overall though, it was a great season, and we collectively agreed that the Lucky Strikes will join the winter league when it starts. And this time, we're going to win!

0 comments: