Monday, May 18, 2009

Festival Junkie

Arts and crafts… music and performances… FOOD and BOOZE! Ladies and Gentlemen, we are officially entering my absolute favorite time of year… It’s festival season in Seattle!!

There is absolutely nothing more fabulous than jamming my calendar with festivals filled with food, friends and fun! And lucky for me, my friend Sheena (also a festival junkie) now lives just a few miles away. I can already envision a summer of festival hopping…

And the festivities have already begun! We started out with Hop Scotch, Seattle’s Spring Beer & Scotch Festival, which was conveniently located within walking distance of Sheena’s house. Located indoors at Fremont Studios, it was the perfect place to spend a Friday evening. Although wine, scotch and tequila were also available for tasting, we stuck to trying as many of the 50 seasonal beers available as possible.
Our next adventure was the Seattle Cheese Festival at Pike Place Market. I am an absolute junkie when it comes to cheese so this was basically my dream come true. Sheena and I hopped on a bus downtown and immediately began to taste test as many delectable cheeses as humanly possible. Dreamy. I really can’t think of anything better than wandering around a busy market in the sunshine while nibbling bits of cheese. Yum!
After sufficiently stuffing ourselves with free samples, we spent some time in the wine and beer garden sipping on an assortment of chilled white wines and champagnes. Of course this dairy overload combined with alcohol caused me to spend the rest of the afternoon asleep on my couch, but it was well worth it.
I’ve already sent out a list to my friends outlining the various festivals I plan on attending this summer… Oh, my dear Seattle, after a long hard winter, you have finally decided to make it up to me.

2 comments:

Mara said...

What could be better than a cheese fest! I am jealous!

Sarah Alway said...

Answer: Nothing. ;-)