Friday, April 03, 2009

I Cheated.

I forgot that I have something to confess to y'all… I fell off the wagon. At the first real temptation, I cracked. I just couldn’t help myself. It had been such a long time. I just wanted a little taste… Please, let me explain!

For Stew’s grad party I made tons of delicious food. And even though I’m no longer eating meat, I’m a firm believer in never forcing your values onto someone else, so I was sure to have a variety of carnivorous appetizers. And the star of the show was a huge crock pot full of slow cooked parmesan marinara meatballs.

I didn’t even taste test them before guests started to arrive, but the smell alone was to die for. And about seven hours and probably as many beers later, any reasonable values I previously had about not eating meat were starting to go out the window. I felt like everyone around me was chowing down on my meatballs and relaying how delicious they were. So I had a nibble.

Oh god, it was like giving a recovered alcoholic a sip of whisky. I wanted the whole bottle. So I had about four or five meatballs. They were everything I dreamed they would be, and more. Oh don't worry, I was justly punished. The meatballs got their revenge.

Not eating red meat for four months has definitely taken a toll on my body, because a few hours later my stomach violently rejected those cursed meatballs. I won’t get into detail about how sick I was, but I can 100% guarantee that the beef and not the beer was the culprit.

Karma.

3 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

Bad Sarah! Bad bad bad!

Your punishment --> you must eat an entire sirloin steak drizzled with bits of hamburger. Wrapped in bacon.

Sarah Alway said...

That sounds kind of delicious...

Tiffany said...

i'm assuming you have wawa's in seattle...well if you do, then you must order the meatball hoagie with pepper jack cheese...*drooling* its to die for!

maybe this wasn't the thing to tell you...i guess i'm supposed to say, "No! You are such a bad person..." hahaha but I could never utter those words.