Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Little Piggy…

I’m by no means back to the land of the living, but I thought I should probably give a brief update to let the world know that I’m still alive.

I do not have the Swine Flu. I do, however, have a pretty serious case of the good ol’ fashioned regular flu, and I haven’t really been vertical since last Sunday.

Of course, when I called my doctor on Tuesday, I stupidly told them that my friends and I have been passing around what we’ve named the “Death Sickness” ever since my friend came back from a cruise to Mexico with what seemed to be an extreme case of the flu that lasted for more than two months. My boyfriend has had it for four and a half weeks, and now I’ve inevitably come down with it as well.

Note to self: Don’t tell your doctor that you got sick from your friend who went to Mexico when the media is freaking out about a flu pandemic that apparently started in… Mexico. They’ll refuse to see you and send you straight to the Emergency Room. Which is where I spent Tuesday morning, getting tested for the Swine Flu. My boyfriend oinked at me the whole car ride there. Reeeeaaaal funny.

Oh and the Swine Flu test? They stick a giant Q-tip all the way up your nose until it feels like it hits your brain, then swish it around a bit for good measure. Not fun. But like I said, the test came back negative and I don’t have the Swine Flu. But I’m still completely miserable. I hope I’ll be back to the real world soon… wish me luck!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Your description of how they test for the swine flu definitely made me cringe in my seat!!!

Mara said...

I came down with the regular-ol'-not-so-sexy-common-flu myself earlier this week. :(

Children of the 90s said...

Wow, ouch, that sounds awful :( Glad to hear you're swine flu-free!

My mom thinks because I'm in Texas everyone is breathing swine flu on me constantly, she keeps calling about it. Everyone's gone nuts over it!

Anonymous said...

Eeeesh. That sounds rough.

I hope that you bounce back soon.

shansPLC said...

oh, that sounds horrible! at least you don't have swine flu!

Take Care lady!

T ™ said...

That sucks! At least you have nothing to worry about! :)

My daughter has a cold and she started freaking out because of all the news (she's 7) Lol. She's fine tho! Hope you feel better Soon!!

bek said...

SarahBeth,
sorry to hear you are unwell ... but that pic is effing hilarious!

Sarah Alway said...

Thank you, everyone, for all your kind words! I'm hoping I'll start feeling better soon... I have to get back to work and I have midterms next week!

Cailin said...

Feel better, my love. Good luck on your midterms!