Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I had my cake and ate it, too.

I do a moderate amount of event planning for my job, and I just have to take a moment to mention the most recent one. My company hosted a building opening last week and we decided to do something special with the refreshments. My boss had heard of a really unique cake company that had been featured on the Food Network. Apparently, the company can make phenomenal cakes in basically any shape you want.

So I did some research and discovered Mike’s Amazing Cakes. All I can say is wow. I was definitely amazed. Check out the web site and I’m sure you will be just as impressed as I was. I called immediately to order a cake shaped exactly like the building we were opening. When it arrived at the event, I literally couldn’t believe my eyes. It was even better than I thought it would be. Honestly, can you believe this is actually a cake?
They used architectural line drawings and aerial photographs to get every detail accurate and to scale. And the entire thing was edible. The center was mouth-watering layered vanilla cake with delicious orange filling and a white chocolate shell. We had to put little signs up around the table identifying the display as food, because people kept trying to poke at it, thinking it was simply a building model.

It was almost a shame to cut into it. Until I got a taste… Yum!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a pretty awesome looking cake.

Yet said...

HEHE! The building is great. I wish I could have seen it in person! My mom is a baker and makes wedding cakes...but I don't think she'd do ANYTHING like this! Woe.

shansPLC said...

Mike lives up to his name! That is amazing!

Diana Ngo said...

crazy cake

Tiffany said...

i want my cake and i wanna eat it too hahahaha that looks amazing!!!!!!! was it really good? what flavors?

Bayjb said...

That is an AWESOME cake. I love Ace of Cakes and would love to have a cake in a unique shape

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks for all the compliments, I should relay them to Mike, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!