Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Oh My

Spring has officially sprung, because this weekend I attended my first Mariners game of the season! And since the M’s are actually doing decent so far, there’s actually more of a reason to go to the game other than to drink beer and socialize. (What? That’s not why most people attend the games?)

Unfortunately, we lost 0-2 to Detroit on Saturday night, and the guys I was with almost got into a fight with some Michigan boys talking crap in the beer garden. Who knew baseball could be so violent?

Since all the people we were meeting at the game had tickets for different parts of the stadium, we spent approximately 10 minutes in our seats before heading down to the Beer Garden. We actually had a pretty decent view…


I spent the rest of the evening socializing and occasionally looking out at the field (mainly when Ken Griffey Jr. was up to bat).

Oh, I just love Springtime activities!

5 comments:

Bayjb said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to go to a Cubs game in July.

Anonymous said...

As a Jays fan living a good distance from Toronto, I am jealous.

Sarah Alway said...

Yeah, I admit I'm pretty lucky to live so close and be able to go to games pretty much whenever I want... If only I actually watched them! I find base ball to be a little slow... ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is my least favourite sport. (Totally slooow.) But the Jays suck me in at the beginning of each season.

Mike said...

Griffey back in a Mariner uniform makes baseball back to normal.