Monday, June 29, 2009

One of those days…

Do you ever just have one of those days? My mom used to read me this book called Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day when I was a kid, and every once in a while karma takes a turn and I feel just like little Alexander.

My version would read: I went to sleep too late and therefore I overslept and when I got out of bed I banged my elbow and by mistake I dropped my water bottle on the floor and spilled everywhere and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

The first few minutes of my day actually weren’t all that uncommon, but it just got progressively worse from there. First I struggled through boot camp with a very upset stomach. Then I spent too long in the shower and ended up having to run for the bus. It’s never a good day when you start out by sprinting down a busy street in high heels after a metro bus.

On the way to work, I realized I had left my flat iron on, but it was too late to get off the Express bus and go back. So once I got downtown I had to borrow a co-worker’s car, turn around, and head home to turn it off. On the way, I realized I had forgotten my cell phone and a bottle of lotion had exploded inside my purse onto my iPod and camera. Once I arrived home again, I found said flat iron already unplugged.

Back at work, I checked my account and saw that the bank had erred once again. In addition, I called to see why my new debit card (replacement due to fraud) had not arrived for more than 10 days, and was told the idiot at customer service never ordered one for me.

I think I may need to resolve to move to Australia, like Alexander. I guess it’s just one of those days…

5 comments:

bek said...

You're welcome "down under" any time SarahBeth.
Although you'd have to adjust your language a little:
flat iron = hair straightener
cell phone = mobile
Hope your day improved!

Rachael said...

Bad morning!! I always think my flat iron is still on but so far its never been on when I get home. Well I hope your day improves!!

Rachael said...

Oops I just realized this blog was from Monday. What I meant to say was - I hope your day turned out better than your morning.

Sarah Alway said...

Bek - That's funny how the terminology is different! I'll have to work that before I make a trip down under...

Rach - Thanks, my day did get better when I got together with a friend later and watched a very dramatic episode of the Bachelorette. ;-)

Erin said...

If you ever want to go to Australia, I'll go with you!!