Friday, June 19, 2009

Putt Out or Get Out.

I’ve definitely been on some pretty awesome Drinks on the Links teams before, but I think this year’s gets a hole in one. I’ve teamed up with some of my old co-workers to form Totes Bonaire (team name courtesy of an office inside joke far too long to explain here).

We figured that something as ridiculous as a drinking mini golf league required some equally ridiculous uniforms. Luckily, our team includes several graphic designers, so creating branded team t-shirts was no problem. Being girly-girls, we also obviously had to get matching socks. Voilà, Totes Bonaire was born.

I can’t think of a better way to spend a lovely spring evening than playing miniature golf in the sunshine with my girlfriends… of course while occasionally visiting the bar conveniently located on the course for refreshments. Except for a minor verbal brawl with the Dirty Hippies playing behind us and a team member having one too many and falling into the water feature, I’d say we did well overall.
We ranked 11th overall BUT we were given the Team Spirit award for the evening. I’m so excited for the rest of the season… Girl’s Night has definitely reached a whole new level!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Someone fell in the water?

Brooke said...

this looks so fun! lol! I love the matching socks!!

Sarah Alway said...

Peterdewolf - Yep... someone fell in the water. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a LONG time. We got somewhat involved in picture taking and someone thought it would be funny to take posed pictures near the rocks by the waterfall. This (fueled by too much beer) escalated to actually climbing ONTO the rocks above the pond. Well, they were slipper and you can guess what happened next. But hey, it's DRINKS on the links! ;-)

Brooke - thanks! :-)