Monday, June 08, 2009

Swift Walkers For A Swift Cure

One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. I’ve already lost two family members, and have several others currently battling this awful disease. The statistics are completely overwhelming, but for some reason I still feel really determined to make a difference in some small way. Which is why last year my sister and I started a team with the American Cancer Society Relay for Life: Swift Walkers For A Swift Cure, in honor of our Granddad, John D. Swift. This year we were back in full effect, raising money to support cancer research. In return, our team walked for 24 hours in honor of those we have lost.

Although we didn’t earn as much as last year, we were able to contribute $3,638 toward the almost $93,000 raised at the Green Lake Relay this year. Our team placed fifth for overall fundraising. And as usual, we had a great time at the overnight event. There’s just nothing like some good quality family time.

And there’s still time! You can visit my personal page and make a donation to support me… Every dollar counts toward eliminating cancer and I would really appreciate it!

Here are some pictures of this year's Relay to inspire you:


0 comments: