Friday, June 05, 2009

Legally Done

“I’m a Paralegal,” I said smugly to my boyfriend last night.

“No you’re not babe,” he replied. “You’re just qualified to be a Paralegal. But congratulations!”

Well, fine. Way to call me out.

But I am officially finished with the University of Washington Paralegal Program! I feel amazingly accomplished. Let me tell you, working full time and attending night school for nine months was BRUTAL. But I absolutely loved the program and put more effort into it than I put into 95% of my undergraduate work.

Now for the next step. Normally, it’s expected that graduates of the program will begin applying for jobs in the legal field. However, I absolutely love my job. So the prospect of leaving it in a recessed economy to become a “new hire / low man on the totem pole / next prospective layoff” doesn’t sound super appealing.

But after being immersed in law classes for so long, I’ve become completely obsessed. So since I am not going to pursue employment opportunities, I decided to sign up for an LSAT prep course. I figure why not. I take the test and score well; I apply to law school. I take the test and fail; I don’t.

So that’s my plan for the immediate future. Whatcha think?

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting, I think your plan of action is a great idea too!

bek said...

Great idea and Good Luck!

Rachael said...

Yay!! Now you need to update your "about me" so it doesn't say "I am an executive assistant during the day and a paralegal student at night"!!

Sarah Alway said...

Amber & Bek - THANKS!

Rach - Good call, looks like I need an update!

Mara said...

Congrats and best of luck!

Brooke said...

congrats!!! sorry, i just got my internet back so i'm reading all of your blogs now. lol. i'm proud of you! i bet you'll do good on the LSAT anyway, you are a very smart gal!! love ya!!