Friday, March 20, 2009

Back in the Groove

This weekend my friend Cailin came to visit Seattle, and she had to remind me that it’s been almost two years since the last time we saw each other. Cailin is one of my very best friends from college, and we lived it up together when we moved to Seattle after graduation. Sadly, we have not lived in the same time zone for years, which has definitely not been fun.

But surprisingly, whenever we see each other, it’s immediately as if no time has passed at all. I think it was her visit this past weekend that really hit the point home for me. Even though I haven’t seen her since her wedding, we immediately got right back into the groove of our friendship, and it was as if no time had passed at all since the last time we were together. I think this is rare. And it makes me feel lucky that I have a friend like this in my life.

Even though her visit was short I had a great time hanging out and catching up.

We had lunch at Elliott’s on the waterfront.

We had drinks at Red Robin.

We had a photo shoot with the girls.

We took a few self-portraits.

We had cocktails at Room 38.



Of course her visit definitely reminded me that I need to plan a trip to Chicago to visit immediately. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I love Cailin's dark hair. It's so nice to have friends like that -- although it makes it really hard to say goodbye at the end of such short visits. That's one thing I've learned since moving so far away... but it makes the visits that much more special!

Anonymous said...

I feel lucky to have a friend like you in my life too, my love :)