Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Best Girls

I finally got to spend some time with my best girls this weekend, and let me tell you, it was long overdue. I met the ladies at Vessel on Saturday night for a cocktail before we headed across the street to Benihana for dinner. I think I’m one of the only people who has never been there before, and I can’t believe I’ve been missing out… This restaurant is so fun! It was the perfect venue for a Girl’s Night.

I ordered some delicious yakisoba and splurged on a couple mango mojitos. We caught up on a lot of chick chat while the chef prepared everything right in front of us. I felt like a kid at Chuck E Cheese – there was so much going on I couldn’t even concentrate on eating my food. I ended up taking a pretty hefty doggie bag home with me.
Afterward, we headed back to Ballard to end the night at a dive bar down the street from my house.

The Ick Factor: This was my first time drinking in any significant amounts since the year began, and the results were no bueno. After two glasses of wine, two mojitos, several Bud Lights and a shot of something that tasted like coffee, all on top of Japanese cuisine, I was not feeling so hot. (Although I did eat my leftovers for lunch and they were still delicious). I spent the entire day on Sunday in bed with my boyfriend, who was in the same sorry state from his night out with the boys. I’ll say it again… God I’m old.

But thanks again ladies for a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Rachael Birge said...

I had so much fun, we definitely have to all go out again soon (and actually go out, instead of saying we will!) I forgot you took a shot....Did I?? Because I definitely did not feel great the next morninging either. It was worth it though. :)

Brooke said...

i like your hair! looks fun! wish i could be there!!

Sarah Alway said...

Rach: I know we definitely need to do it more often. I don't THINK you took a shot, but you never know. You did put on some strangers skanky cowboy hat! ;-)

Brooke: Thanks! I wish you could have been there, too. We miss you!

Tara said...

That was such a fun night! Maybe we should try to do something like that on a monthly basis??

Sarah Alway said...

Definitely, good idea, Tara!