Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Heart Brunch

When you’re no longer able to attend happy hour because your evenings are consumed by school, you have to accept alternate social opportunities. For me, this means brunch.

Lately, brunch has become the one time each week where I can finally take a break from homework/studying and catch up with friends. Every Sunday for the past month I’ve gotten to sit down and enjoy yummy food, a Bloody Mary, and gossip with some of my best girls.

This past weekend, I had brunch with Sheena, one of my old college roommates. I had heard a rave review about Volterra the night before, and even though Sheena had a bad dinner experience there, we decided to try it out. After all, Rachael Ray featured it on her show and called it one of her favorite restaurants in the world, so how could we go wrong?

The restaurant itself is super cute, and we sat in a booth in back where it was easy to chat. Although I’ve heard great things about their Bellisimo Bloody Mary, I wasn’t feeling up to my usual vodka fix that morning, but instead had coffee and decided to order the provolone, avocado, and green onion scramble served with hash browns and toast.
It was… okay. Nothing to write home about in my opinion, but moderately satisfying. The toast was a little weird (full of poppy seeds and other unidentifiable grains) but super yummy after I smothered it with strawberry freezer jam. The scramble was pretty average.

However, the atmosphere was great and they didn’t kick us out before we were done with our coffee because they had people waiting, like what happened to me a couple weekends ago at The Dish. Overall, I think I’d give Volterra a B minus.

2 comments:

Brunchmaster said...

The scramble actually looks pretty good, too bad it was just okay. Look forward to reading more about your Seattle brunch reviews. I document mine at iheartbrunch.com.

Bayjb said...

That looks really good right now. I am a lazy bruncher but when I go, I always get eggs benedict, but secretly want pancakes.