Monday, March 09, 2009

Rants & Raves

Current things that annoy me

  • Rude people. What is with men who won’t give up their seat on the bus? Not to me, I can stand, but when I see a little old lady fall over in the isle and six men don’t even look up from their newspapers or offer to give her their seat, I swear smoke comes out of my ears.
  • Cell phone scams. Cell phones and batteries are designed to last about a year, but they still force you to sign a two year contract. Hence why my phone will only stay on for about 10 minutes unless it’s plugged in. And I’m not due for a new one until May.
  • Doctor appointments. Every year when I go to get my annual exam my doctor thinks of at least a dozen tests he wants done. I’ve been poked and prodded way too much in the past week and a half, and this morning I have ultrasound goo in my hair.

Current things that make me happy

  • Tech updates. I finally have MS Publisher on my computer, so I can quit asking my co-worker to design stuff for me.
  • Party planning. This weekend I bought firefighter-themed cookie cutters for Stew’s graduation party. Super cute.
  • Daylight savings. Even though I got up and went to work in the dark this morning, it was worth it because this means that spring is coming!!
  • Brunch. Even though I have no social life, I've still managed to have brunch with my girlfriends for the past few weekends in a row, and just that little bit of time together brightens up my week.
  • Countdowns. Only four more days until I am done with this quarter of school, and just two weeks and Stewart will finally graduate from Fire Academy!

1 comments:

Kuck said...

I just had to buy a new battery. I have had my phone exactly a year, and it would die within five minutes of taking it off the charger. What's the point of having a cell if you still have to be connected to a cord???