Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Well, we’ve once again rolled around to one of my favorite holidays, St. Patrick’s Day! My mom’s family is 100% Irish (my relatives immigrated to American during the Great Potato Famine and therefore I was raised to harbor a fierce loyalty to Ireland and anything Irish). This, combined with the fact that the holiday basically consists of drinking excessively while wearing bright green, makes St. Paddy’s Day one of my all-time faves.

In addition, Stewart and I met exactly two years ago today. We aren’t really big on celebrating things like “the anniversary of the day we met,” although he did send me some gorgeous roses last year.

This year I knew he would be stuck down at Fire Academy and we wouldn’t be able to see each other, so I took it upon myself to bake him and his classmates some cupcakes, appropriately themed, of course.
Also, being the nerd that I am, on Sunday I went to the Irish Festival at the Seattle Center to see some traditional Irish dancing with my cousin and my sister. It was pretty entertaining, actually.
Since St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Tuesday this year I don’t have anything crazy planned, but I still just adore this holiday.

Wishing you all the Luck o’ the Irish!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mom's family came over here during the potato famine, too! How funny is that? Where did they settle? My family settled in Battleground.

Sarah Alway said...

You know, I'm actually not sure... I know I've been told before, but I should probably brush up on my family history, huh? ;-)