Monday, March 02, 2009

Tales From My Kitchen

I’ve been strangely obsessed with cooking shows lately. The reason why this is odd is that I hate to cook. Okay, maybe hate is a strong word but I definitely dislike cooking. The only reason I cook is because grocery shopping and making meals at home saves a bag of money compared to eating out all the time. But I don’t seek out new and clever recipes, bake cookies for fun, or have dinner parties. Cooking just doesn’t seem like an enjoyable way to spend my free time.

That being said, I love watching cooking shows! I find them strangely soothing or something. Often, when I do homework, or am ready to go to bed, I put the Food Network on in the background. I don’t write down the recipes or use the program to enhance my own abilities… I just enjoy watching. Some of my current favorites are Paula’s Home Cooking, 30 Minute Meals, Iron Chef America, Ultimate Recipe Showdown, and Chopped (my #1 fave).

And even though I dislike cooking, I recently read an article that made me want to embark upon my own food challenge. Mac ‘n’ cheese is one of my favorite all-time foods, but there are so many different recipes out there, I thought I would conduct an experiment. I’m going to try out quite a few different recipes and attempt to discover the best mac ‘n’ cheese out there. So if you’ve got the perfect recipe, please send it to me!

Good thing I’ve got a boyfriend to feed all these cheesy carbs to…

2 comments:

ADeskJockey said...

I totally LOVE cooking shows. I miss having cable. *sigh*

If you're ever interested in making sushi, I'm a whiz, it's super fun, and really cheap, and you can make loads with very little. :)

Bayjb said...

I am an awful cook too but I'm fascinated by cooking shows. That and food photography.