Thursday, March 26, 2009

Save Me, Stewie!

Stop, drop and roll, people. Stewart officially graduated from Fire Academy last weekend, and is therefore qualified to drag you out of a burning building. This accomplishment has been a long time coming, and has basically consumed the entire past two years of our relationship. I don’t think it would be possible for me to be more proud of someone.

Not only did Stew graduate, he did it with flying colors, finishing at the top of his class with the highest scores ever obtained in the program. I cried like a little girl when he gave his valedictorian speech and finally got his badge.



Of course there was no better excuse to party like rock stars, so we had an open house on Saturday afternoon and into the evening. My previously-mentioned firefighter themed cookies were a hit. Even though they didn’t turn out exactly as planned, everyone raved about how yummy they were!

I also made a congrats banner for Stew which the boys turned into a giant Scrabble game.

The night got a little rowdy later on… wow, I think it’s been at least five years since the last time I did a keg stand!!

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and wishing Stewart good luck in his new career. I think he’s definitely going to enjoy working only eight days a month!

4 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

Work hard, play hard. Tell Stewart I said congrats!

Brooke said...

haha that banner is funny! lol! good job stewie!! :)

Yet said...

Ummmm...the only thing i have to add is that firemen are soooo sexy. I'm fanning myself now.

Sarah Alway said...

Yet, I have to agree, there is nothing better than a super sexy firefighter!