Thursday, February 14, 2008

OK, OK... Happy Valentine's Day

Well it's no secret to anyone that Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday. I just find it super commercialized, forced, awkward and silly. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Apparently, many cynical couples and singles alike think the Feb. 14 holiday is just a bunch of heart-shaped hogwash.

But thank you to everyone who sent me a Happy Valentine's Day text or email. I appreciate the thought. And did anyone see the V-day Google banner? It's pretty much too cute for words.
Tonight Stewart and I are going bowling with a fabulous group of people, and as a "non-Valentine's Day present" he offered to pay for our cabin this weekend at White Pass. And I did break down and get him a card.
Damn you, stupid holiday, for making me feel guilty and sucking me in!

Happy Valentine's Day, friends. I heart you!!

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

see...it's not that bad.

i think the way we've spent it the last two years is something to look forward to. tonight will be fun.

i heart you to venus and back. not uranus, venus.

ew. did i really just write that?!

Sarah Alway said...

Yes. I love it when people sent me comments / emails / texts that make me crack up out loud at my desk. So thanks for that little V-day treat.

And if Pluto was still a planet, I would heart you to there and back.

Can't wait for tonight! Holla!

Sarah Alway said...

Oh and PS for Valentine's Day can you pretty please fix the DDR machine for me?