Friday, February 22, 2008

Wooden ’cha like to be an Evans?

The countdown has begun. Due to a random meeting at Polyesters more than five years ago, in less than 24 hours Tara Wooden and Winston Evans will tie the knot. I can hardly believe it myself.

The rehearsal dinner was last night at Lord Hills Farm. I left work early, picked up my dress on the way and made it to Monroe just in time. We were short one bridesmaid and a groomsman due to a death in the family, but still went through an edited version of the ceremony twice to ensure a flawless production on Saturday.

Note to self: The stairs connecting the upper level to the lower level are VERY steep. Don’t be the idiot bridesmaid who goes tumbling down them.

After a fabulous dinner with the wedding party and the Wooden / Evans families, the bride and groom passed out gifts. The girls got flasks with our initials etched in them and the boys got gym bags with their initials embroidered on them. In addition, Kelli, Carrie, Taylor and I all received cute little black t-shirts with “Tara’s Bridesmaid” written on the back in hot pink letters and our names on the front. A very cute idea if I do say so myself.

Tonight I have manicures and pedicures with Tara and the bridesmaids followed by cocktails at The Sitting Room before we head home to rest before the big day.

Note to self: Don’t have more than two cocktails. You don’t want to be the idiot bridesmaid who has a hangover and pukes while getting her hair done.

Tomorrow, I will head to Tara’s house bright and early so I can carpool up to Lynnwood with the girls for our hair and makeup appointments before we arrive at the venue at noon for set up and pictures at 2 p.m.

Note to self: Remember to fill new flask with vodka before leaving home – only beer and wine will be served at the wedding. On second thought… maybe not.

Re-note to self: Don’t end being remembered as the idiot drunken bridesmaid.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You crack me up.

Sarah Alway said...

Well, I did manage to behave myself for the most part. Except for that one slip on the dance floor... cause by wine that I myself had spilled a few minutes before. Genius.