Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Changing Seasons

One of the great things about moving is it generally forces you to go through things you've been putting off. In my case this meant my closet. And moving my wardrobe into my brand new walk-in allowed me to fully realize exactly how many sweaters and sweatshirts I own. And with all the newfound space, I was able to stack them all up neatly and easily pick out a cream colored turtleneck sweater to wear to work today. I figured it's been so cold and nasty out a comfy sweater was just what the doctor ordered.

So I got dressed, layered on a brown wool coat and went into the bedroom to tell Stewie goodbye. Sleepily, he opened one eye and looked at me. "Well don't you look professional," he mumbled. "You look like a fall catalog." Laughing, I made my way through the crisp air to the bus stop. On the way I had to admit to myself, a little sadly, that autumn has officially arrived. Brrr.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I've been wearing sweaters to work, too! Summer is officially over. =(