Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things I learned this weekend

  • Mill Creek is a much livelier place than I suspected
  • The food at the People’s Pub is absolutely amazing
  • Finding the perfect wine rack is proving to be much more difficult than originally anticipated
  • Training my boyfriend and my cat to coexist is going to be an uphill battle
  • English gravy is quite yummy
  • Donating two carloads of stuff to charity feels amazingly refreshing
  • Sometimes a person’s reputation can spread much further than they realize
  • A wash cycle takes longer than a dryer cycle in my new machines… strange
  • Taking a walk through downtown Ballard on a sunny afternoon is my new favorite weekend activity
  • Sunny Teriyaki is nowhere near as scrumptious as Yummy Teriyaki
  • Dealing with Comcast and their erroneous billing is super annoying
  • Being in school causes one’s social life to take a serious decline… sad
  • Our gorgeous view will not, as we feared, disappear in September 2009
  • Simply writing a weekend “to-do” list doesn’t mean that everything will get done
  • I heart Ballard even more than I adored Queen Anne, I think…

4 comments:

Bayjb said...

I want to hear more about this cat and boyfriend cohabitation. That sounds like a good story!

ADeskJockey said...

Loves it! I'm so glad you are in Ballard. So much closer... and you will learn all its wonderful nooks and crannies! I know you are SUPER busy with school/work... but anytime you want a Ballard walking buddy (if Stewie can't limp that far) give me a call!!!

Love you.

Allison Norris LMHCA said...

I'm so excited about your move! I lost my entire sex and the city SERIES from my last breakup... so, it could be worse! You are so cute. you make me miss seattle!!!

Sarah Alway said...

bayjb: Ask, and ye shall receive. ;-)

deskjockey: I'll be calling you soon!

jen&al: I miss you two, Seattle's not the same without you!!