Friday, October 24, 2008

Fried Chicken

When my class ended early last night I excitedly rushed to the bus stop, expecting to catch an earlier bus home. Unfortunately, the bus was running late and I had to sit at the stop for 25 minutes (it was very cold) until a route going to Ballard arrived.

As we neared Ballard, a woman dragging several suitcases, carts and bags of God-knows-what got on the bus (forcing the driver to use the lift, which is supposed to be reserved for disabled people). The woman then went on for two or three minutes about why she was unable to pay the fare. Exasperated, the driver told her to sit down and we were on our way. However, Bag Lady continued to ramble. She explained to the driver that since she had not eaten all day and was very tired, it was absolutely imperative that he stop the bus directly in front of KFC. She could not be forced to drag all her items a half block from the designated bus stop. And could he please hurry up? After all, KFC closes at 9:30 and if he hustled, she could just about make it.

Are you freaking kidding me? And the most ludicrous part is that the bus driver obliged this woman! She got a free ride and a customized stop off for a bucket of chicken! No wonder the bus was running late, if the driver was taking requests all evening. Grrrr. I mean, I know I’m helping to save the Earth and everything by using public transportation, but I’m beginning to reach my limit. And now I’m craving fried chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck i hate kfc!!!
lol
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Haha thats so funny. Crazy chicken lady!

-Rachael