Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friday Night Rendezvous

Why someone would name a restaurant “BJ’s,” I have no idea, but in any case, my friend Crystal organized a Friday night rendezvous at the brand new BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse in Southcenter Mall last weekend.

When our large group sat down, of course the first thing the boys did was torment our poor waitress with comments like, “So… what’s the special… at BJ’s?” followed by inappropriate snickering. Oh Lord. It seemed we had quite a rowdy group, so it was probably good that they sat us in a back area separated from the main dining room.

Even though I’m not a fan of the name, I did have a great evening at BJ’s. They had a ton of different beers and a menu the size of a novel filled with loads of yummy comfort foods. So we ordered drinks… appetizers… more drinks… food… more drinks… dessert… more drinks. We ended up staying for about four hours, talking and laughing until we basically closed down the restaurant. Yum, yum, a simply scrumptious evening.


The only downfall? Since we had a large party they automatically added gratuity onto our bill. Therefore, I did not tip on top of it. However, I just looked at my bank statement and our lovely waitress took the liberty of adding on an additional tip of her own choice amount. Ooooooh, this type of thing really ticks me right off! It’s not the $10 that bugs me, it’s the feeling that I was taken advantage of. I just called the manager and am waiting for a call back. If this is not resolved, I will not be visiting BJ’s again…

3 comments:

ReadyToShelve said...

Last week's Post Secret listing had a postcard that confessed that secret - charging people random tips without their knowledge.

Do you have a copy of the receipt you signed with the dollar amount you wrote in? Bring it in and confront the waitress face-to-face. Bring five or six Spartans with you.

Seattle Swift said...

There was a BJs near Santa Clara, I loved the food and berry cider, but the service was pretty crappy there too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you should totally go back and confront her! I will go with you! That is stealing and not acceptable!